Activities control and access to the marine area Ia & Ib
- Buoys immersion according to the three protection maritime zones A, B, C, where specific measures are applied.
On board patrol by the NMPZ staff for the compliance to the legislation that is applied,
- In zone A is forbidden any boat movement.
- In zone B boats should not exceed the speed of 6 n.m and mooring is forbidden.
- In zone C should not exceed the speed of 6 n.m and mooring is allowed.
- Placement of additional buoys and signs for public information with specifically designed leaflets, NMPZ Park Rangers of the Marine area and Coast Guard staff for the total marine area (Ia and Ib)
Reduction of disturbance and mild observation of the loggerhead sea turtle
- Define a special zone of mild observation of the Loggerhead Sea Turtle at the maritime zones B and C.
- Marking/Labeling the specific zone of mild observation of the Loggerhead Sea Turtle
- Cooperation with the businessmen that are specialized in Loggerhead Sea Turtle’s observation
- Specific visitors informing (on the spot informing, leaflets)
- Define the allowed mild activities such as swimming, canoe, pedal boats
- On board patrol by the NMPZ and Coast Guard staff for the compliance to the protection measures for each maritime zone
- Prohibition of recreational and spear fishing
- Record and monitoring of the main characteristics of the reproduction activity of the Loggerhead Sea Turtle (e.g. marking of the nests, tagging of the Loggerhead Sea Turtles, hatchlings predation)
- Measuring and monitoring of biotic and abiotic parameters at the Nesting Beaches, in the marine area and the wider terrestrial area.
- Use of the scientific data to take management measures for the Protected Area